Monday 9 July 2012

My Contribution.


What I do and what I say cannot be discounted or invalidated merely by saying that it is left-wing or politically correct.

Neither can it be rejected as heresy.

What I do is real and has value.

Nor can you say I do nothing.  I do many jobs around the church.
But most of all I contribute to the interpretation of scripture.
This is done according to my experience not just my mental assent.

Nor can you nullify my contribution because it is not good works.
Contemplation and prayer have value as well.

"'You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye.'"  Matthew 7:5 (NRSV)

Then what you do will follow.

You may do the same things as you did before but the motivation will no longer be fear, your motive will be love.


(Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright 1989 by the Division Of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment