Thursday 14 April 2016

Mercy.


The miracle stories that we read in the Bible are not demonstrations of power or authority.

They are ultimately manifestations of God's mercy.

God knows our suffering and responds with mercy.

"Then the Lord said, 'I have observed the misery of my people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters.  Indeed, I know their suffering, and I have come down to deliver them from the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of the land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey.'"  Exodus 3:7.8 (NRSV)

So cry out to God!

He will show you mercy.


[Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.]

Photo Credit: Thomas Hawk via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment