Sunday 2 September 2018

Treasure.


When we were asked in church what was the most treasured thing in our lives.

I said the Love of God.

Because without the Love of God I would be lost.

No thing is more important than the Love of God.

And because we meet God in other people those who are important to us are manifestations of God.

Jesus said to love God and love your neighbor.

He also said, "'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.'"  Matthew 25:40 (NRSV)

And God's family includes everyone.


{Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.]

Photo Credit: Wendy Longo photography Flickr via Compfight cc
(The image has been slightly modified.)

No comments:

Post a Comment