Wednesday 26 March 2014

Atheists and Gays.

"Atheists just want to sin."

Where did that come from?

Perhaps it derives from Romans where St. Paul claims that God gave people up to sins because they did not honor Him as supreme.
They became stupid and homosexual.

This, of course, is nonsense.
And it paints a very peculiar image of God.

I am prepared to say that St. Paul was mistaken.
His logic is erroneous.
His list of evils which follows is offensive, and he says they deserve to die.

This is not the God which I know.

As an openly gay Christian who enjoys full membership of the Uniting Church in Australia, I worship the God of Love who has no prejudices against gay people.
Quite the contrary, I experience help and support from the divine for my sexuality.

So, despite the fact that some Christians consider that because I am gay I must be full of wickedness and evil, I know that God supports gay and lesbian people in His Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment