Tuesday 26 December 2023

Redemption.


Unfortunately I don't believe that all humanity is condemned for the sin of Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve is a convenient myth manufactured to explain our suffering.

Fear and ignorance are sufficient causes for me.

Therefore I don't believe that Jesus' death on the cross is payment for our sins and that he is the only one who can put right this broken relationship with God.

The Eastern religious tradition that we are in darkness and that enlightenment will end our suffering is more in keeping with my belief that fear and ignorance are the causes of our suffering in this world.

But I do believe that Jesus is the Messiah - the Light of the World.

By which I mean that were we to follow the teachings of Jesus the world would be saved.


Photo Credit: barryshymns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment