Monday 19 April 2021

Hearts of Flesh.


"I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."  Ezekiel 36:26 (NRSV)

Ultimately those religious people who condemn homosexuals are ruled by fear.

Fear of punishment, fear of judgement, fear of God.

But if we think of gays and lesbians as my gay son, my gay daughter, my gay dad, my gay sister.....then our love may override our fear and we may see that God loves His gay sons and daughters as He loves us.

They are like our own flesh and blood.

If we pray about these things God will answer.

And we can tell the world that the Love of God is for everyone.

Then the persecution will stop and the torment will end.

"I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."  Ezekiel 36:26 (NRSV)


[Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.]

No comments:

Post a Comment