Sunday 28 April 2024

Historical and Eternal.


What I write is partly historical and partly eternal.

When I write about social and cultural issues I am speaking historically.

My generation is the Baby-Boomers and I lived through the 1960s and 1970s of peace and love and gay liberation.

I have also lived through the 1980s which saw the AIDS crisis and the rise of Fascism. 

The 1990s saw a resurgence of gay rights and a revival of Liberalism.

The Millennium continued this trend but the 2010s saw Trump and Covid-19.

The 2020s are emerging from Fascism and Evangelical insanity.


So I have seen the vicissitudes of History.


But when I write about God I am speaking eternally.

God exists in all times and places.

But His Presence is in the Eternal Present.

His Mercy is infinite.

And His Forgiveness is forever.

He is non-violent, transcendent, and sublime.

He cannot be manipulated.

And His Salvation is eternal.

All goodness comes from God.

He is Light, Life, and Love!

But His inmost nature is Love.

And His Love is Eternal.


Photo Credit: jdcorporateblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment