Sunday 19 February 2023

Jesus.


I believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

And I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead after his crucifixion to be at the right hand of God the Father.

But I do not believe that Jesus was God incarnate.

I believe that Jesus was a man like any other who studied the scriptures and prayed earnestly to God.

And so God adopted him as His son.

Jesus was the Chosen One.

His revelations are unique.

And his death was a tragedy.

And so I do not believe in the Virgin Birth.

Nor do I believe in the Second Coming.

Jesus refused to judge people in life so why would he judge us at some point in the future?

These things have been added to Jesus' name by earthly authorities after Jesus' death.

Jesus did not speak of judgement.

Neither did he speak of punishment or anger.

Jesus showed us a God who is a loving Father.

A God who is merciful, forgiving, and gracious.

But most of all Jesus told us of God's Love.


Photo Credit: Galen Currah.

No comments:

Post a Comment