Saturday 20 August 2022

Shareholders.


I asked my bank if I could find out the companies that my meager amount of money was invested in.

They told me that they could not tell me because I wasn't a shareholder.

And if I was a shareholder I wouldn't be asking.

Shareholders in banks and rich corporations regularly vote down incentives to stop exploitation.

Some of these companies are involved in extremely dubious business practices.

Some exploit slave labor.

Some are involved in land grabs.

But if they are exposed they say that it was done by subcontractors and they knew nothing about it.

And we profit from their crimes.

No one asks any questions.

And if someone does have the temerity to ask questions they are voted down.

So we are responsible for the exploitation of the poor.

And we profit from it.


Photo Credit: plus500.com

No comments:

Post a Comment