Friday 22 January 2021

God's Steadfast Love.


He who has no one to love is loved by God Himself.

"For your maker is your husband,
the Lord of hosts is his name;
The Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer,
The God of the whole earth he is called."
Isaiah 53:5 (NRSV)

And everyone is his brother and sister.

"To the eunuchs* who keep my sabbaths,
who choose the things that please me,
and who hold fast my covenant,
I will give, in my house and within my walls,
a monument and name better than sons and daughters,
I will give them as everlasting name that will not be cut off."
Isaiah 56:4,5 (NRSV)

So do not despair if you are rejected or abandoned, the Lord God will not reject you and He will never abandon you.

"If my father and my mother forsake me,
the Lord will take me up."
Psalm 27:10 (NRSV)

His love is steadfast and everlasting.


(*Eunuchs referred to any male who was not married.)


[Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.]

Photo Credit: Trishhhh Flickr via Compfight cc
(The image has been slightly modified.)

No comments:

Post a Comment